Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Two down, three to go!


On Monday I wrote a post about my literary analysis goals for this week. Now it's Wednesday and I have been able to accomplish some of them so I thought I would post an updated “Goals List” at my mid-week mark. 

Goals for the next two days:
  • Complete a close-reading of Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.
  • Look again at the sources I have now and incorporate them into my working paper.
  • Find which sources that I have already complied aren't working for me with my revised thesis, and replace them with new ones.
  • Organize the ordering and structure of my paper in preparation for Friday's half-draft.
  • Complete 4-5 pages of organized, purposeful text to bring to class on Friday.*
It's good for me to post this, even though it embarrasses me a little to display all that I still have left to do. I think that's why it is so good for me to post it. It embarrasses me and thus motivates me to move more quickly through my goals. 

*I added this last goal because I want to bring something to class on Friday that is worth being peer reviewed. I don't want to waste my classmate's time. I want to bring something that they will enjoy reading and be interested in critiquing. 

1 comment:

  1. So good to make your process open like this, and you are absolutely right about making the peer review meaningful (for your peer as much as you). Happy drafting!

    ReplyDelete