Monday, March 31, 2014

Go for the goals.

CC-BY-SA-3.0,2.5,2.0,1.0
There comes a time, when writing a literary analysis paper, when one must stop and appreciate the progress that has been made, as well as assess what still needs to be done. I have a pretty good handle on what I would like to address in the novel Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, but now that I have included Fairest (by the same author) in my paper, I feel the need to do some close reading with it. I have only read Fairest once all the way through and so I think I need to take some time to really study it in context of my topic. Also, I think I have several sources that aren't as relevant any more now that I have shifted the direction of my topic. I'd like to replace some of those with fresh sources that are more applicable.

My goals for the rest of this week:
  • Complete a close-reading of Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.
  • Look again at the sources I have now and incorporate them into my working paper.
  • Find which sources that I have already complied aren't working for me with my revised thesis, and replace them with new ones.
  • Organize the ordering and structure of my paper in preparation for Friday's half-draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment