Monday, March 31, 2014

Wrapping Up



Have you ever seen the "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy and Ethel work in a chocolate factory for a day? Their job is to wrap every single chocolate on the conveyor belt, and in the beginning, it's a piece of cake. They begin wrapping the chocolates lackadaisically. Then, the conveyor belt gets faster...and faster...and faster, until eventually, this happens:


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XEBXGKgq3oc/TPADAijRqgI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/ruEApvPw-VY/s640/LucilleBall-Ethel-ChocolateFactory-Supervisor.jpg
dzturbinbhavior.blogspot.com

Feast your eyes on the end of semester for a college student.

This is how I feel about all of the information, feedback, and research I've collected. It's all precious as chocolate. But with so much information and so little time, I think I'm ready to stop the conveyor belt and wrap everything up neatly.

I've made connections with many characters in Alice in Wonderland, I've begun to analyze the characters in As I Lay Dying, I've found useful background information about Faulkner through an enthusiast, I've found some Aristotelian ideas, I've found some present-day applications--time to narrow down, zero in, flesh out, and organize.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that there are others who are in the same position as I. I find that my ideas tend to organize themselves when it comes to this sort of writing. Maybe when you start to write your rough draft, the best ideas will come into frame and you'll be able to build. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete