Monday, March 17, 2014

Unrequited Love

From the Computer Screen of Chalene
Dear Gadget Filled, Shiny, Aluminum Metal Device,

I hope this doesn't come as a shock to you, but I can't keep my feelings to myself any more!

 We have been spending a lot of time together.. a lot of meaningful time.  I feel like we have developed an intimate relationship that I have never shared with anyone else.  You have been there for me.  You help me find the answers to my questions, you listen to my musing and ramblings, and it really feels like you keep my life is order.  My life would be thrown into chaos with out you!  There is no one else I could turn to that is full of such knowledge and wisdom.  I know our time together can wear you down and that you get sleepy from our late nights, but you bring me such great joy.

Thank you Computer.  Thank you for being the place of my mind dump.  Thank you for taking all my incoherent ramblings to heart... well, hard drive.  Thank you for answering my Alice questions, by Elsha questions, by MLA formatting questions.  Thank you for your search engines and blogspots.
My college life (and this paper) would fail without you.

I love you Gadget Filled, Shiny, Aluminum Metal Device.
I only hope that some where deep in your mother board you can love me back.

~Chalene

Questions that still need answering:
- Was Alice popular from the first publishing, or did it take time to gain a readership?
- Comparatively, was Alice a typical book of that Victorian Era or was it unique?
- Was Winter of Fire's genre popular during the late 80's, early 90's?
- Though, currently, though isn't a large readership, was Winter of Fire a typical book of that time?
- What, possibly more popular, books were published near and around the time of both books?
- *Looking together personal opinions and accounts about both novels.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this beautiful tribute to your computer. They do so much for us and expect nothing in return. Thanks to your computer, you are able to organize all your ideas in one place. Great questions, I wish I knew the answers :(

    ReplyDelete