Thursday, March 6, 2014

This is My Little Working Thesis

So far, this thesis is something of a comparison claim, but I'm not really happy with it yet. Comparison is my default type of thesis, and I don't want it to be that way, so this is really still in the works. And I'm not even sure this is what I want to write about, so stay tuned for more.

Working thesis
Morrie Schwartz's life philosophies of responsibility, kindness, and childlike love are amplified and proven correct when they're applied to Alice. Her careless, childish behaviors are the antithesis of Morrie's behavior, which make his theories more relevant and tangible by comparison, since she's such a poor example of them.

I've posted this on Facebook, and I'm planning to continue to circulate it there and ask a couple friends for specific responses to get some good feedback so I can come up with a better thesis that I actually want to write about.

1 comment:

  1. You definitely have something neat going here. I would be interested to read a paper like this. "Proven correct" seems like a strange phrasing choice to me but maybe I am just misunderstanding what exactly Alice can prove about Morrie's life philosophies. Either way, I am intrigued and want to answer some of the questions I have about what those philosophies are.

    ReplyDelete