Friday, March 7, 2014

Milo's Monomyth

All right, folks, I'm setting my sights high with this thesis statement about The Phantom Tollbooth! Please tell me what I can fix about this thesis statement, as it has a long way to go. Brace yourselves.

Creative Commons License 3.0
"Joseph Campbell's theory about 'The Hero's Journey' proposes that a certain set of events and character archetypes have created the most exciting stories throughout all time. In The Phantom Tollbooth, the character Milo's quest to rescue the princesses embodies 'The Hero's Journey,' while Alice's quest to become a queen in Through the Looking-Glass does not."

Like I said, it's got a long way to go, and you might want to look up 'The Hero's Journey' for more information. Please tell me what I can fix.

I'm going to post this on Facebook and also talk to some friends and family about my thesis. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a great idea! I never would've thought to try to fit Alice into the Hero's Journey. It seems like it would be fairly easy to structure the essay and then to compare the two journeys. I like it.

    ReplyDelete